June 05, 2006

Franklin as Starter?

I'm not sure if I want this-do you?

Do the Phillies overall?

Will Manuel be crazy enough to put Franklin as starter, as shaky as he [Franklin] is when he pitches. So far I haven't seen a good performance out of Franklin as a Phillie, and I wouldn't want to take such a risk.

But then again I felt the same way about Madison, until I watched the 16 inning game against the Mets, and then live at Citizens Bank Park against the Brew Crew; though Madison still has his problems as well: Like not being able to throw beyond the 5th inning.

I still think we should shop for a better pitcher, somewhere in the majors; even if he's a free agent and not be afraid to put in the big bucks for him. Honestly Gillick, are you listening. Start shopping NOW and not for a deal but for a guy who will produce when he's at the mound.

It's not a bad thing to take risks here and there, but if those risks are done in a smart manner (okay not all risk are prudent)-but Franklin as starter I'm not to settled on entirely. For the few times I've seen him pitch he's be less than spetacular. I wouldn't do it, unless I knew he could produce decently in a game.

4 Comments:

Blogger GM-Carson said...

If Franklin goes into the rotation I'm going trying out for a team right quick. Franklin has no business being on the Phillies in the 1st place, let alone starting for them...gosh I can't stand him!

7:30 AM  
Blogger MRL said...

Hey Carson do you think you'll start in A or AA, because I'm not to sure of your pitching skill.

But heck if you must go out for the draft, you may as well try (if your really doing it). I say go for it!

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home